珀斯是一个正在发展的城市, 这里有200多万人口, located on the western edge of the Australian mainland. Changes to international flight routes will turn 珀斯 into the gateway to Australia, 吸引更多的游客, 居民和令人兴奋的机会.
The state of Western Australia (WA) is almost the size of Western Europe. Here are some other interesting facts:
- WA covers one third of the Australian continent.
- WA的跨度大于2.5 million square kilometres (or one million square miles).
- 西澳有超过2个.5 million people, most of them in 珀斯.
珀斯 was named by Captain James Stirling in 1829 after 珀斯, Scotland. It is now known as one of the most liveable cities in the world.
珀斯 enjoys more hours of sunshine than any other capital city in Australia.
珀斯 is also famous for some of the Hollywood stars who were born, raised or studied here including Isla Fisher (了不起的盖茨比)、山姆·沃辛顿(《UC8体育》)和梅利莎·乔治(穆赫兰道)和已故的希斯·莱杰(黑暗骑士). Hugh Jackman also spent time in 珀斯 training as a young actor.
The city of 珀斯 sits on the northern banks of the Swan River, while the suburbs of 珀斯 stretch in all directions to the Darling Range in the east and the Indian Ocean in the west.
Murdoch University is within easy reach of 珀斯’s city centre and the port city of Fremantle, 15分钟车程. 弗里曼特尔到处都是音乐, 艺术与文化, 节日, 市场, Cafés和餐馆, 让它成为一个极端 学生的热门目的地.
Murdoch University is close to the city centre
默多克是珀斯的一个郊区. Murdoch University is located on South Street in Murdoch. 要到达南街校区:
- It’s just 11 minutes from the city by train to Murdoch train station, then a quick trip by connecting bus to South Street campus or a 10 minute walk.
- Regular bus services travel past campus.
- 如果你有车的话, it’s just 15 minutes drive from the city on Kwinana Freeway (exit South Street).
We have ample parking for all students and there are excellent cycle routes to campus if you chose to ride a bike.
珀斯’s location in Australia and the world
If you would like to see more of Australia while you’re here to study, 珀斯 is less than four hours by plane from Sydney and Melbourne.
As one of the closest Australian cities to South-East Asia, 珀斯 is also a great starting point for exploring Australia’s Asian neighbours. Bali is a three-hour flight away and Bangkok, 雅加达, 香港, Kuala Lumpur and 新加坡 are all within five to seven hours flying distance.